Updated Sept 23, 2020
Campus fitness and recreation facilities will be open in accordance with Utah Phased Health Guidelines for Gyms and Fitness Centers (v. 4.9) and any additional direction from BYU Risk Management.
Moderate Risk /Orange Guidelines
Beginning 11:59pm Wednesday September 23, 2020
All campus recreational facilities are CLOSED except for use by approved groups, including academic classes. Reopening of these areas will depend on Utah’s transition to a low/normal risk level and University assessment.
The following facilities are CLOSED:
- Outdoor tennis/pickleball courts
- Indoor tennis courts
- SFH Student fitness center
- SFH faculty/staff weight room
- SFH Indoor track
- SFH east, center, west courts
- RB women’s locker room gym
- RB racquetball courts
- RB gymnasiums
- RB turf field
- Indoor Practice Facility
- North University and Helaman Fields
SFH and RB Locker rooms will remain open for currently enrolled Fall BYU students, Faculty/Staff and retirees.
The following programs/activities are suspended until further notice:
- Intramural Activities
- Open Play (Racquetball, Swim, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Pickleball, Badminton)
- YFitness Classes
- In-person Fitness Training
Outdoors Unlimited will remain open in accordance with Utah Phased Health Guidelines and any additional direction from BYU Risk Management.
(Lifeguards, Outdoors Unlimited, Information Desk, Office Staff, and Facility Services)
- Symptom checking, including temperature, before every shift
- A log will be kept and available for inspection by health department
- Employees will wear masks
- Plexiglass shield installed at public facing desks
- Touchless services implemented
- Equipment and space sanitized regularly
- Gloves and cleaning supplies made available
- Regularly monitor areas and equipment for cleaning
- Building Care will conduct regular locker room cleaning
Please know that we are monitoring the situation daily and ask that you refer to BYU's website, https://www.byu.edu/coronavirus, for updates and information. Check back for changes or updates as the situation evolves.