Updated July 1st 2020
The Smith Fieldhouse and Outdoor Tennis Courts will be closed Friday July 3rd and Saturday July 4th for the holiday.
As of Monday June 22nd 2020, access to the following recreation facilities are open:
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Smith Field House Indoor Track
- Smith Field House Student Fitness Center
- Smith Field House Locker Rooms for working employees ONLY. All others encouraged to shower and change at home.
Access will be provided for:
- 2020 Spring/Summer PT/FT registered students
- Current FT/PT faculty and staff
- Dependent Spouses of above users ONLY
These facilities will be open Monday thru Saturday 8am-6pm. The primary entrance to the Smith Field House will be through the lobby doors between the Track and Volleyball Offices. This will be the check point to enter the building for faculty, employees, fitness patrons, and student athletes.
- Please wear a face mask as you arrive and when in the building, except when you are working out and or you are not around other people
- If you have any symptoms, have been in an area with high rates of COVID cases, or been out of state in the past two weeks please do not attempt to work out or engage in activities in the building, until you have been cleared by testing or by self-quarantine for 14 days
- Please stay 6 feet away from other people in all interactions
- The locker rooms are closed to avoid additional places where germs can be spread. Please do not use the locker rooms. Shower and change at home. (Only those currently working on campus may use them to shower/change and return to their offices)
Symptom Check Questions
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Rash on toes or feet
- Loss of taste or smell
- As you check in, someone from the check-in staff will take your temperature
- If you have any symptoms, or exceed the temperature range, you will not be allowed into the facility
Once you are cleared, you will receive a wristband to show that you are approved to use the facilities. Wristbands are good for the entire day. Each day, you will need to go through the check in process and receive a new wristband.
Please do not congregate or linger in the facilities after your workout. Your cooperation and support of social distancing and wearing masks will help reduce the spread of disease and allow us to keep the facilities open.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Wellness, (801) 422-9211
These precautions are consistent with the Utah Phased Health Guidelines. They are being implemented to safeguard those who will be in the building, given the increased number of users and activities taking place in the Smith Field House.
The other BYU campus recreation facilities (Richards Building, Indoor Practice Facility, Indoor Tennis Courts, Swimming Pool and Fields) will be continued to be CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Please check back frequently as this is an extremely fluid situation. For more information see below:
During closures, the facilities are being updated and improved. Current ongoing projects and repairs include:
- New scoreboards installed in RB gyms
- Replace SFH elevator
- Scoreboard replacement in RB Gyms
- RB court resurfacing and adding Pickelball lines to gym 134
- Lighting at West Stadium and Helaman Fields
- Replacement of spin bikes from cycle classes
- Painting and carpet projects with RB/SFH
Lockers To collect personal property please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrange a time to be escorted to the locker rooms. Your personal items will not be thrown away, but may be gathered from the lockers for you to collect once reopened. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
SWELL Classes A limited number of SWELL Courses will still be offered remotely Spring/Summer terms 2020. These may require additional personal equipment or access to equipment to participate. For an updated list of course offerings please see the HERE.
Student Fitness Center Open 8am-6pm with limited capacity and social distancing.
Indoor Track Open 8am-6pm with limited capacity and social distancing.
Y Fitness Classes Group fitness classes will not be held Spring/Summer term 2020. Please see the online fitness classes, https://studentwellness.byu.edu/online-workouts, for other opportunities.
Fitness Training Personal fitness training sessions are all cancelled until further notice.
Intramural Activities The Intramural Program is offering Stay @ Home Activities during Spring/Summer 2020.
Outdoors Unlimited Outdoors Unlimited remains open with limited current hours can be see here.
Extramural Sports All extramural teams have ended their season. More information coming soon.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation daily and ask that you refer to BYU's website,
https://www.byu.edu/coronavirus, for updates and information. Check back for changes or updates as the situation evolves.