Sign up for YFitness today!
Fall 2021 YFitness Class Wristbands are on sale now for $15! Participants get a Find Your Flow shirt and a free G2G bar.
Follow Student Wellness on Instagram (@byustudentwellness) for additional information.
BYU offers yoga, HIIT, Zumba, HIGH, RIPT, and more YFitness classes to BYU students, faculty, and dependent spouses. Our mission is to help you rise to a new standard of wellness and optimism in your daily life, through exercise.
How Do I Join?
- First, please complete a waiver.
- Click here to buy online
- Be sure to print out your confirmation page and bring it to RB 112 to pick up your actual wristband.
- Go to RB 112 to pick up your wristband.
- Open: Monday-Saturday from 8:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Closed: Tuesday 10:45 am – 12:05 pm for BYU Devotional and Sundays.
- Who can participate?
- Any BYU student who was enrolled in Fall 2021, Faculty, and Dependent Spouses.
- My friend has a wristband and I don’t. Can I borrow theirs?
- Unfortunately, bands cannot be shared, loaned, or refunded. They must be worn to class by the authorized user.
- Will there ever be a canceled class?
- Life happens to all of us, including our instructors! Most of the time, they’re able to find a substitute if they can’t make it. However, BYU reserves the right to change or cancel a class at any time. We’ll give you plenty of notice, though. Be a part of our Facebook community for updates and news!
- Classes follow the academic calendar. No classes will be held on University holidays.
YFitness Class Descriptions:
Barre is a high-energy program focusing on strength, flexibility, stamina, and dynamic stability. It is full-body sculpting using the ballet barre and small, isometric, concentrated movement - paying particular attention to correct biomechanics of movement.
Be ready to climb mountains and speed through intervals while listening to good music. You will want water and a towel for this one for sure!
HIGH transforms old-school aerobics into a highly addictive new fitness experience that combines simple, modern fitness techniques (i.e. HIIT, plyometrics, etc.) with music you know and love. This results in a high-energy, INTENSE, and crazy fun workout that leaves participants feeling HIGH and wanting more. Our formula alternates between cardio peaks and toning tracks that will take your heart rate to the sky and strength to the next level.
Pilates is a great core workout for beginners and advanced alike. This program hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper and lower body. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and glutes, as well as improving functional strength and assisting injury prevention.
Instead of listening to music, you become the music in this exhilarating full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. UsingRipstix®, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
Pump is the original, invigorating barbell workout, free weight workout, and other exercise equipment that exercises all the major muscle groups for a more toned, fitter, and healthier you. Pump classes use weight-room exercises like squats, lifts, and curls to give your legs, arms, and upper body a complete workout.
Looking for the chiseled and toning effect? This class uses free weights, resistance bands, barbells, steps, body weight, and plyometrics to tone and tighten everywhere.
STRONG by Zumba
STRONG by Zumba ® combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio, and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. Every squat, every lunge, every burpee is driven by the music, helping you make it to that last rep, and maybe even five more.
Ease the stress of your day by using dynamic breathing and strong flowing movements for greater strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
We take the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why Zumba ®Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance, and flexibility, boosted energy, and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.