Winter 2020 Fitness Classes are on sale now for $15! Come to the information desk in the Richards Building (RB 112) and purchase your Fitness Class Wristband today!
to buy online and take your receipt to the information desk to pick-up your Fitness Class Wristband.
BYU offers aerobic, circuit, strength, and functional fitness classes to BYU students, faculty, and affiliates. Our mission is to help you rise to a new standard of energy and optimism in your daily life, through exercise.All classes except for the cycling class are in room 134 RB.
How Do I Join?
Great question! You have some options:
- Click here here to buy online
- Be sure to print out your confirmation page and bring it to RB 112 to pick up your actual wristband
- Go to RB 112
- Open: Monday-Saturday from 7:30 am to 9:45 pm
- Closed: Sundays and Tuesday 10:45 am – 12:05 pm for BYU Devotional
- Holiday hours: 8 am – 8 pm
- Who can participate?
- Any BYU faculty, staff, student, spouse, or dependent may participate.
- My friend has a wristband and I don’t. Can I borrow theirs?
- Unfortunately, bands cannot be shared, loaned, or refunded. They must be worn to class by the authorized user.
- Will there ever be a cancelled class?
- Life happens to all of us, including our instructors! Most of the time, they’re able to find a substitute if they can’t make it. However, BYU reserves the right to change or cancel a class at any time. We’ll give you plenty of notice, though. Be a part of our Facebook community for updates and news!
- Classes follow the academic calendar. No classes will be held on University holidays.
Y-FITNESS CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Barre is a high-energy program focusing on strength, flexibility, stamina and dynamic stability. It is full body sculpting using the ballet barre and small, isometric, concentrated movement - paying particular attention to correct biomechanics of movement.
Be ready to climb mountains and speed through intervals while listening to good music. You will want water and towel for this one for sure!
HIGH transforms old school aerobics into a highly addictive new fitness experience that combines simple, modern fitness techniques (i.e. HIIT, plyometrics, etc.) with music you know and love. This results in a high energy, INTENSE and crazy fun workout that leaves participants feeling HIGH and wanting more.Our formula alternates between cardio peaks and toning tracks that will take your heart rate to the sky and strength to the next level.
Pilates is a great core workout for beginners and advanced alike. This program hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper and lower body. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and glutes, as well as improving functional strength and assisting injury prevention.
Instead of listening to music, you become the music in this exhilarating full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. UsingRipstix®, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
Pump is the original, invigorating barbell workout, free weight workout, and other exercise equipment that exercises all the major muscle groups for a more toned, fitter and healthier you. Pump classes use weight-room exercises like squats, lifts and curls to give your legs, arms and upper body a complete workout.
Looking for the chiseled and toning effect? This class uses free weights, resistance bands, barbells, steps, body weight, and plyometrics to tone and tighten everywhere.
STRONG by Zumba
STRONG by Zumba ® combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. Every squat, every lunge, every burpee is driven by the music, helping you make it to that last rep, and maybe even five more.
Ease the stress of your day by using dynamic breathing and strong flowing movements for greater strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
We take the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why Zumba ®Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.